From spaying and neutering to more complex veterinary surgical procedures, Athenry Pet Clinic always operates with safety in mind. We understand that surgical procedures can be a frightening prospect for both you and your pet. We adhere to the highest standards of practice to ensure that your pet is safe in our care while undergoing a surgical procedure.
In fact, we use many of the same safety measures as human hospitals. Performing most of the pre‐surgery blood work in our in-house laboratory, we are able to make sure your pet is healthy enough for the procedure.
We use a gold standard anaesthesia protocol, including pre-operative pain relief and gaseous anaesthesia.
Our qualified veterinary team will track your pet’s vital signs throughout the anaesthetic and ensure a smooth and comfortable recovery once the procedure is over.
- Spay Neuter
- Wound Care
- Abdominal Surgery
- Lump biopsy and removals
- Ophthalmic (eye) procedures
We will always administer the most up to date pain relief for your pet, ensuring that they will be treated just as you would like to be treated, with respect, compassion and freedom from pain.
Surgical services and facilities include:
- in-depth pre-operative assessment
- in-house pre-operative blood and urine testing
- gaseous anaesthetic to adhere to gold standard anaesthetic practice, and a fast smooth recovery for your pet
- advanced sterilisation techniques
- intensive after-surgery care
- pre and post-operative pain relief included as standard